The Night Vale Condos episode makes me wonder if there could be a Doctor Who/Night Vale crossover with the “Condos”?
The Night Vale Condos episode makes me wonder if there could be a Doctor Who/Night Vale crossover with the “Condos”?
So I said I was going to tell my life story using the music of Everclear…and here it is. 1990-present. Best way to tell it.
“Sunflowers" This one is for the MPDG (Manic Pixie Dream Girl) who came into my life in Fourth Grade, and taught me some amazing life lessons. While I never knew her outside of school, I’d imagine she’d be the kind of carefree spirit who would paint sunflowers in her room. She was my first crush, and she never knew it, Sadly, she won’t know, because I haven’t been able to contact her, or even talk to her today.
”Glorious" This one is dedicated to the woman who took my virginity, and showed me a whole new door, punctuated with my first porn movie, and my first beer. It was probably the most magical experience anyone with a decade of life on this planet could ever imagine,
”AM Radio" While I never listened to music on AM radio, I do subscribe to a lot of the themes in this song. We always listened to music on the radio, and you’d have to call in to request a song you wanted, and then tape it from there. Now I can just click in Spotify or YouTube and listen to something I want to hear.
“When It All Goes Wrong Again" This has been kind of an overbearing theme in my life. No matter how good I think I have it, it’ll all go wrong again sometime…just finding the way to get back on top might not be easy.
“Rock Star" This has been how I’ve wanted to live my life since I heard my first hard rock song: War Pigs. I want to have such an amazing life that people are sad I’m gone, but are happy because I lived. Somewhere, that dream got muddled or derailed, but I’m still trying to figure out how to do it.
“Heartspark Dollarsign" This video…wow. But this one goes out to someone who I seriously wronged in a misguided attempt to further my own sexual prowess with someone who clearly wasn’t about that. As much as it pains me to admit it now, there was some kind of racially motivated conquest aspect to the "relationship" which was her just trying to be a friend and me trying to be way too much, way too fast. I don’t really talk to her much anymore, but I guess I’d at least like to apologize here because I was a fucking idiot, and a fool for not recognizing at least a decent friendship could have come out of that. Not for lack of trying on her part. I just wasn’t prepared for that, and wasn’t socially advanced enough to realize what I did wrong. So I’m sorry. I’m so, so sorry. (That one was for the Doctor Who fans)
”Santa Monica" This one is for the girl who got away. I’d come visit her, swing in her yard with her, talk to her in school, and go to the places she worked just to see her. But because she played hard to get, and I was too shy to pull the trigger after the aforementioned fiasco, I never dated her. Just talking to her — just being NEAR her — made the tension fade away, and we could watch the world die together, and not care. As long as we were there together, it would have been fun.
”Local God" When this song came out on the soundtrack for the Romeo & Juliet film revision, it was easily the most rockin song on the soundtrack. It fast became an anthem for how I felt hanging out with my buddies, or just cruising around town. We’d cruise for hours on $10 of gas. Goddamn I miss those days! My core group of friends — basically those who were down enough that I could just scoop them up and we’d ride — were some of the best motherfuckers I could ever ask for!
”Summerland" This one is for the girl my first love. The one who crushed my heart when she moved away because she couldn’t make long-distance relationships work. I spent that summer finding solace in albums, comics, and late night drives to clear my head until the car ran out of gas…on multiple occasions….to the point that my dad gave me a gas card to use so I wouldn’t run out of gas. I never really got over that until I met my wife. More on that later.
“Normal Like You" After those dating disasters, and more personal problems, I decided to go solo for awhile, and work on myself and my personality. But I’ve never wanted to commit to societal norms. I just want to be me. And I worked on that for quite some time.
”A Taste of Hell" In between the first love and my wife, I had a woman who is epitomized in this song. She tried rekindling the friendship after I had two daughters, and had a stronger relationship than I ever could with her, and it just wasn’t happening. I severed that part of my life, and I couldn’t be more glad to have done so.
“I Will Buy You A New Life" When first meeting my wife, I had no clue what I was doing for her by bringing her into my extended family. Giving her a support system, and getting her out of the rut of her life, and giving her love like she never experienced before. Doing all of that paid dividends in love, life, and living that I never expected, and can never repay in some cases. I’m always thankful for her love, and for her deciding to put up with my crazy ass.
”Under the Western Stars" This is how we were during that "new relationship smell" period of things. When we’d make love, NOTHING mattered. Not even people who would cut the breakers, or shine flashlights in the window, or moon us through the window…We had something awesome going on back then. We’re still trying to rekindle that spark 12 years on.
“Broken" In giving her a leg-up on the world, a new lease on life, and a love unlike she’s ever seen before; my wife gave me something I couldn’t fathom. She fixed what was broken in my life. She gave me a new lease on life, and in helping me overcome my social awkwardness, I found a new passion for life. I’m glad that she was able to take the pieces and make a legible puzzle.
”Everything to Everyone" My wife is the best friend she could ever be for everyone in her life. The amount she extends herself to for others is absolutely selfless. She’s an amazing friend to have.
”Why I Don’t Believe In God" In all of this self-discovery, I found one thing true to my life. I’m an Athiest. Proud of it. I’m not using religion as a crutch to get through life, I’m too busy living it. There is no afterlife, there’s no Heaven and Hell. I’m not going to say you’re weak for believing in those things, because I’m not like that. Whatever gets you through the night.
Thank you for making it through this list. Music videos, live performances, or audio-only tracks linked on each song title.
Tell the story of my life through the music of Everclear.
Homeless shelter is transformed into 5-star restaurant, hot food and warm hearts all around. See the full video here.
This is the real work right here. Fuck fame, fuck fortune, fuck magazine covers and awards and all the rest. DO WORK. SHOW UP. REPRESENT. MAKE A DIFFERENCE. Every. Damn. Day. #2104
In the past few months, debate surrounding the use of racial caricatures as pro sports mascots has reached a fever pitch. Just ask the Washington Redskins, who’ve endured significant backlash for both their refusal to change their name and their half-assed attempts to placate their critics.
But a few miles west, fans of the MLB’s Cleveland Indians are taking a stand. In a motion of solidarity, a small but growing number have been “de-Chiefing” their paraphernalia by removing the offensive “Chief Wahoo” mascot from caps and jerseys that bear its likeness.
HOW TO STAY IN LOVE:
1. Tell your partner that you love them every day. You are not only reminding them, you are primarily reminding yourself. They say that the people who say ‘I love you’ the most are the happiest. And they’re right. Get creative: find more ways to say it. I love you. Je t’aime. Te amo. My love. My one and only. Love you. Te quiero.
2. Don’t forget to have more low-key dates now and then. Sure, going to a fancy hotel restaurant is nice, but the next day you might be aware of all the crystals missing from your chandelier. There’s a certain comfort in picking up your loved one from the airport or eating at a nearby food court. It’s like saying, ‘Hey, you turn a regular experience in to an exciting one. With you, there’s no such thing as unhappy.’
3. The best moment to consolidate your relationship is when our loved one is going through a difficult time. For some, that is a time of high tension, but it really doesn’t have to be. When your partner is down, you learn to make their life brighter from the inside instead of trying to change external factors. You can’t control the fact that they got fired from their job or that their uncle passed away—but you can control what you bring to their life. What better excuse to be a bundle of sunshine?
4. Make cheating as unthinkable as incest. If you are truly in love, you will not be able to kiss someone else without tasting your loved one’s tears as they stain your lips. You will not be able to take your clothes off with someone else without feeling like a field ripped bare to its soil. Make cheating a dealbreaker for you and assume that it is for your partner too.
5. Make their desires your own. If they want to go to college in a different state, don’t sabotage them. If they fantasize about you in a certain way, turn their desires to reality. If they like how you look in a dress and you prefer jeans, wear dresses more often. You don’t have to change yourself in order to make compromises. You don’t have to lose yourself while trying to find your loved one.
6. See their side of the story. Even if it’s 2 a.m. and they’re accusing you of things you never thought you were capable of doing, sit quiet for a moment and listen to what they’re actually saying. Let go of your defensive wall and think about the impact your actions has on your loved one. Always empathize.
7. Give your loved one random presents. If you’re going to the mall, pick up a flirty gift. If you’re on vacation, buy them a souvenir that means something to them. If you’re going to Starbucks, order their favorite drink. Little gestures go a long way.
8. Dream about the future—but realistically. Don’t tell your loved one you can’t wait to get married after five months, but give them hints that you’re committed. Examples can be making plans for your anniversary, preparing surprises for Valentine’s Day, and letting them know you want to go to the next step. ‘I know we’ve slept together, but you’ve never stayed the night. I’d like to try that.’ It’s not about going fast—it’s about going slow but doing so with passion.
9. Spice things up constantly. Keep both yourself and your partner on your tiptoes by going to new places, trying new positions, changing up your dynamics, using new idioms, etc. Put the two of you in new territory so that you can feel like you’re always learning something new about each other. This way, it will be difficult to ever feel like strangers, because you will have gotten accustomed to watching each other grow, change, and be exposed to new situations.
10. Get to know where they come from. It’s useless trying to love someone without considering their family, background, and past experiences. Slowly break away any boundaries between the two of you and let yourself see even the ugliest parts of your loved one. A realistic relationship is almost guaranteed to function while a superficial one isn’t. You can’t love someone independently of their environment.
doodles from French class (via goddess-river)
That #4 tho… #realtalk(via erinred)
Inky paw prints presumably left by a curious kitty on a 15th century manuscript.
From National Geographic.
This is hilarious!
Ghostbusters 3 might probably never get made despite Dan Aykroyd’s best attempts, the world lost Harold Ramis today and Space Jam 2 is a thing that’s going to happen. Why do we live in such a cruel world?
Kill your double.
Cecil and Kevin at Katsucon.
Anne Hathaway, ladies and gentlemen.
This is why I love Anne….she’s a fuckin riot wherever she goes!
Piss off your neighbors with Probot: Shake your blood
Dave Grohl and Lemmy. How can you go wrong?
Am I the only one who would love another Probot album, but with just Dave and Lemmy?? This sounded so fucking legendary the first time I ever heard it. It’s still great!
ain’t nothing to shuck with
I have zero words to add to this. Perfect.
Pussy Riot: Putin will teach you to love the motherland
Pussy Riot are seriously tough chicks. They have been put in jail, released, put back into jail, and beaten by Cossacks. Yet, they still keep coming at Putin like a spider monkey. Bravo, Pussy Riot. Bravo.
Thanks to wageslavery for the video
Reblogged mainly for the hashtags…fuckin WIN
Early morning WTF…I’m going to go gargle Drano
Okay, if you don’t laugh your balls off at how amazeballs this edit fits this routine…seriously check your damn pulse!
one day I’m going to post all of these to facebook at once and never talk to anyone in this fucking state again
god I hate the south
Oh, you mean that time I DID post the majority of these statements…